To imitate the Divine Healer as we care for each patient, and become a network of support for each other in both our personal and professional lives.
First learn and then exemplify:
1. Be true to the teachings of the Catholic Church in all aspects of life.
2. Inspire others to imitate Christ at home and at work by letting his mercy show through your actions.
3. Respect the human dignity of each person, patient or colleague, at all stages of life.
4. Care for each person we meet just as Christ would: the whole person, body, soul and spirit.
5. Keep Christ at the center of all relationships: with patients, with other physicians, with staff, and family.
6. If in doubt, ask yourself “What would Jesus do?” Then practice merciful medicine.
7. Be a shining example of faith, and take your faith to work with you every day.
8. Be humble and know in your heart that I treat, but it is Christ who heals.
9. Facilitate Catholic physicians to know and live out these beliefs. Share them with one another better, and work together with deeper mutual support sand understanding to form a network for each other. Also note that membership is open not only to physicians and medical students, but also to dentists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, psychologists, and other allied health professionals.